19 March 2015

Language Arts Anchor Charts, Packet #1


My Reading Anchor Charts are my most purchased item in my TPT Store, so I decided to continue using this format in other subjects.  I created a packet of 35 display full page posters to aid the teacher and students in Language Arts.  This packet focuses on Parts of Speech & Punctuation with a brief explanation and a mixture of images, examples, sentences, and side notes.  These are intended to help introduce and display for reference.

There are two versions: Bright Color/General Theme and Ocean Waves Theme


Parts of Speech Focus:

  1. Adverb
  2. Article
  3. Conjunction
  4. Interjection
  5. Preposition
  6. Pronoun
  7. Subject-Verb Agreement
  8. Adjectives, including Comparative & Superlative
  9. Nouns, including Common, Proper, Singular, Plural, Possessive
  10. Verbs, including Regular, Irregular, Action, Helping, Linking, Being

Punctuation Focus:

  1. Apostrophe
  2. Brackets
  3. Colon
  4. Comma
  5. Dash
  6. Parentheses
  7. Period/Full-Stop
  8. Semicolon
  9. Ellipsis
  10. Exclamation
  11. Hyphen
  12. Question Mark
  13. Quotation Marks
I'll be working on more Anchor Charts as I enjoy making them.  I have plans for the following: Understanding Words (Base Words, Prefixes/Suffixes, Homophones, etc.), Text Features (Headings, Captions, Table of Context, etc.), Lang. Arts Packet #2 (Grammar, Editing, Types of Sentences, etc.). I may even venture into Math & Science Vocabulary!

Are there any Anchor Chart ideas you'd like?

No comments:

Post a Comment