24 May 2015

Writing Anchor Charts


I just finished working on my Writing Anchor Charts and it's uploaded on TPT!  My Reading Anchor Charts still seem to be a hit on TPT, so I like to create others with the same styling for anyone to use in the classroom.  There are two types of themes: Bright Chevron & Ocean Waves!

Writing Process

I included 7 steps with the writing process: Prewrite, Draft, Revise, Edit, & Publish are the usual.  I added in Peer Review & Present as optional steps.

I have done these steps with my class in the past and found good benefits from it!

Types of Writing

Persuasive, Descriptive, Expository and Narrative writing have been explained with some helpful tips.

You can easily use these to help introduce each type of writing and display as a reference for students.


Editing Marks

Tons of poster pages to display for students to use while the editing & revision stages of writing.

These are bright and easy to read.



Thinking Maps & Charts

I made sure to display all types of Thinking Maps & Charts I've used to organize information.  Each poster names the use for each.

These allow students to understand & utilize the "Prewrite" stage fo writing.


I have also included these extras & more:


  • Writing Hooks
  • Transitional Words
  • Essay Writing Layout

No comments:

Post a Comment