13 July 2015

Made It Monday

Check out 4th Grade Frolics for more information about Monday Made It!



Thanks to One Stop Teacher Shop for making these I CAN activities!  (Yep, I'm mentioning them again.  They're that good!)  I bought mine in a bundle with Maths work and look forward to using these in maths rotations.  I didn't have any tennis ball containers (and they're quite pricey here in Australia), so I used old Pringles cans.  I've spent quite some time laminating, cutting, and taping my materials.  I still need to make a binder to hold response and answer sheets.  (But to save on paper I'll also have students use dry erase boards to write and work out problems.)




I had seen some teachers move away from specific classroom jobs charts and such to group jobs/committees.  I LOVED this idea because you can easily incorporate teamwork in the classroom.  I had made these posters for my classroom, then I decided to made a general one for anyone who'd like to use them.  (Not pictured is Library Committee because I don't currently have a classroom library and assign school library jobs to another committee.)  I used crews within the committee with 2 students per crew, except for a few that only require 1 person.  You can adjust how you use it in your classroom to your liking! 

Download this FREEBIE at my TPT Store!  Don't forget to FOLLOW ME! 




The last thing I made was a Get to Know Your Class Scoot!  I'm taking over a class halfway through the year and I got a bit of background from the previous teacher.  However, I'd like to learn more about the students from their own perspectives as well.  I made this activity for the kids!  I'm excited to try it out in a week!  (You can get this BACK TO SCHOOL activity for just $1!)





11 comments:

  1. I love your classroom committees! I too feel that teamwork AND getting every student involved in keeping the classroom running is so important. It makes everyone feel important. I'm also obsessed with scoot so I am loving that you created a back to school version!

    Ms. Smith
    Adventures of Ms. Smith

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the Get to Know Your Class activity, too. So great! I love your I-Cans. They look awesome. Thanks for sharing!
    Janie
    Are We There Yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your idea on committees in the classroom! I imagine that students love to work together and be acknowledged on completing tasks together! And your posters turned out awesome!
    Kelli
    Tales of a Tenacious Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the idea of job committees. I need to look into this! And going to check out your back to school scoot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you will be incorporating committees this year instead of assigning specific classroom jobs. I have been on the lookout for a way to revise my classroom job system and I think this might just be it. Thank you for sharing such a fabulous idea. I love your posters!


    Jennifer
    Elementary School Garden

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the class scoot. I have never tried scoot with kindergarten but I did do it with first grade and they really enjoyed it .

    Elisa @ Ms.C's Kinder Friends

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your idea of classroom group jobs/committees! I've printed them off and will laminate for our front board - and since I group my kiddos desks together, I'm thinking this will work nicely. I've got six more weeks of summer break and am trying to get organized for the new year. Thanks for getting me started with a great new idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Class scoot? Brilliant.

    LOVE the committee idea :)

    Anisa @ Creative Undertakings

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love your committee posters and that idea!! I use classroom jobs and love giving my students responsibility in our classroom. I have never heard of this idea before and may have to try it in my classroom this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing about the Math bundle. This looks like a resource that I will definitely need in my classroom. I've stuck it in my cart. I also love the idea of committees. Fabulous Monday Made Its!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  11. The thought of committees had never crossed my mind. What a great idea and thank you for the freebie. :) I look forward to following your blog.

    Dawn at Revenge of the Thirds

    ReplyDelete