14 October 2014

Virtual Dice


I've used dice with so many games & activities in the classroom, not just for math.  However, I had an abundance of 6-sided dice and limited multi-sided dice.  I came across Virtual Dice and it's been a great way to get some dice customized for your class.  I definitely used this with whole group games.

You have the choice of 6, 8, 10, and 12 sided dice.  You can also customize the faces of your dice with up to 5 characters.  (Great for my class with differentiate instruction when some of my students mastered basic multiplication facts easily.)

This is great for reading as well!  I used the 8 sided dice with story elements and used it in small groups.  We focused on: characters - protagonist, characters - antagonist, setting - time, setting - place, plot, problem, solution, and What If...  During What If... I would ask questions from the story that to students would answer if we changed something.

Some more Virtual Dice Websites:




Do you use dice in your class?  Share your ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment